Take Our Survey!
What is Internet Safety?
Just as you look both ways before crossing a street, you need some basic skills and precautions when you are commuting along the Information SuperHighway.
Students of all ages need access to the Internet to hone their research and creative skills, as well as to access various aspects of their education or educational tools.
This website is designed to teach parents and students how to "travel" safely online through videos, lessons, tip sheets, and activities on the following topics:
1. Digital Life 101 - What do I know about the online world? How is it benefitting me?
2. Scams and Schemes - How to avoid the down and dirty-dealing online...
3. Cyberbullying - What is it? How can we help victims?
4. Creating Content - What are your rights? What about Copyrights?
5. Search and Research - Digging for good data online
This site is designed and maintained by the Colleton County School District by the Colleton County School District Title I Office, however the content and links may take you to resources available from other sources. Be a careful consumer! We have attempted to properly cite our sources and our curriculum is based on the Common Sense Media E-Rate toolkit and educational resources available at: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/curriculum